Monday 11 October 2010

Evaluation of magazine

I was asked to evaluate my magazine. My magazine is in the genre of school. I was asked to used a number of programs to make a front cover and a contents page this it to be sold / given out in a school. My magazine uses the codes and conventions in a number of ways. The first is that my 'Mast head' - This is my title it is in a bigger font by doing this my. It is on the top center of the page, be doing this if my magazine was to be on a self then my magazine would be easily seen by the user or customer.

The next similarity is my image. My main image is Central it is on a plain back ground and by doing this it again means that again that the image stands out to the reader. I placed the text around the image but no on the face on the image. The image is a close-up median this looks more formal.

But i did not follow all the codes and conventions such as i did not font 11 i did this because i did not have enough features with in my contents page. Another way I did not follow the codes and conventions was i did not use any smaller images. By doing this i did not clutter my front page.

I used a number of programs such as Adobe Photoshop and quark. I had used Photoshop before therefore i known what I was doing and was able to master how my front page was going to be like. But i had never used quark before therefore i did not really known what to do. Because of this it took me more time to first learn about the programme and how it worked before i could then create my contents page.

No comments:

Post a Comment